Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Big News!

I have a confession for our remaining readers. You’ve earned honesty because you kept reading as I committed all the cardinal sins of blogging. So here is one more: the hat has spent the last 4 months Nicole in Argentina. Although the original plan was to ship it between the 3 of us, shipping it proved to be expensive and unreliable.

I did consider buying one of my own so that I could celebrate my birthday in a truly mythic way a few weeks ago. Although there was only one in stock when we got it, I could easily buy one online. But between the three of us, I’ve always been the most romantic about the powers of that particular hat.

And I'm glad I waited for Nicole to come back to the homeland! Aside from uniting 2/3 of our Holy Trinity in wacky revelries, the hat has been passed.

Hipster cowgirl. It's going to be huge.

And now I appreciate why Nicole wore it only rarely. Taking this bad boy through a TSA full body scan is pretty much asking for the cozy body pat-down to go with it. I'm not even going to attempt to bring back taco bell hot sauce packets or the other various items that I like to pack but probably look like bomb materials.

Still, it comes just in time for a busy Friday that includes an interview for my new internship at Washington City Paper and other more fun things.

So to my DC pals, anyone needing a little extra luck, come find the girl in the straw Cowboy hat.

-Megan



1 comment:

  1. Yeah, you gave me a hard time for not wearing it out. Wearing it in Bs As would have been like shouting ¡ROBÁME! in public.
    I dig the hipster cowgirl. :D

    ReplyDelete