Friday, November 15, 2013

Open Seas.

Ocean puns ahoy… I am adrift (ha) in a sea (haha!) of self-doubt (...boo). Yet, for some reason, although I pretty much hate it, the TV show "Deadliest Catch" is resonating with me.
Partly because I realized another parallel between my life and "Deadliest Catch". Recall, if you will, the stupid shaving-your-beard analogy from yesterday's post.
Sea captains only go out to those dangerous waters when the season is ending and they're looking for a big win. [Anyone reading, feel free to call me out on my bogus sea knowledge as garnered through television.] I'm trying to up the stakes because I feel the clock creeping up behind me and I'm afraid to go home without 2,000 pounds of crab meat! I mean... legit experience.
I'm running out of time and there's still so much fishing to do!
And while this is abstract, I'm pretty sure Nicole and Jennifer feel the same way. Since they are freakishly busy too, I will say it for them:
We aren't ready to be done yet!!

No comments:

Post a Comment